Re: Points.
  Steven Altham

I remember when points were first moved back at Franklin and Swanston sts
poles would dewire not sure if frog was moved but not long after poles
would track properly and Andrew was right it was after closure of old
terminus the points were moved back

On Thu, 29 Jul. 2021, 8:42 pm Malcolm Rowe, mal.rowe@...> wrote:

> See: https://tdu.to/m/260255/re-ot-pre-sorting-points

>

> Mal Rowe

> ------------------------------

> *From:*tramsdownunder@... tramsdownunder@...>

> on behalf of Peter Bruce p1.bruce@...>

> *Sent:* Thursday, July 29, 2021 7:05:25 PM

> *To:*tramsdownunder@... tramsdownunder@...>

> *Subject:* [TramsDownUnder] Points.

>

> The points at Franklin&Swanston were moved from the centre of the

> intersection closer to the building or at least the kerb line and hence the

> line of the curve corresponding altered, cars don’t routinely take the

> straight nowadays but I think it was altered in the days of the old City

> terminus so that when the signal box was unattended the points could be

> changed safely. My memory as to time etc could be faulty, am happy to be

> corrected of course. My recollection of that and similar locations is that

> changing the points could be pretty hairy.

>

> --

> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

> "TramsDownUnder" group.

> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an

> email totramsdownunder+unsubscribe@....

> To view this discussion on the web visit

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tramsdownunder/CAADfMwpjQ4UYre9pOoOOTnJcEMNaxMuo3%3DLieQnukDG5Tijk3g%40mail.gmail.com

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tramsdownunder/CAADfMwpjQ4UYre9pOoOOTnJcEMNaxMuo3%3DLieQnukDG5Tijk3g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

> .

>

> --

> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups

> "TramsDownUnder" group.

> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an

> email totramsdownunder+unsubscribe@....

> To view this discussion on the web visit

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tramsdownunder/CO6PR17MB501299ECC54FEF98B0F7D9B6FAEB9%40CO6PR17MB5012.namprd17.prod.outlook.com

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tramsdownunder/CO6PR17MB501299ECC54FEF98B0F7D9B6FAEB9%40CO6PR17MB5012.namprd17.prod.outlook.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

> .

>