-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Organizing Grants Available
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 16:30:11 -0400 (EDT)
From: APTA dgrisby@...>
Local Coalition Grants Now Available
Grassroots organizing, and the broader work of local coalitions can make the difference when communities seek to protect and expand public transportation service. APTA provides grants to help the fight for public transportation.
Any local public transportation coalition is eligible, provided it has the support of the local APTA transit system member(s) and makes a pledge to become a member in good standing of the National Alliance of Public Transportation Advocates http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001n2BnWhPD9FdDljTkioH--82ZTSJR5UdNgg0uURJXhGMb60ytk5wtIYwGy-dXgvjgeRkHKKozY-xOp228J0G-_ViXrZ_QLxwLHtMf0DawJ6X7467PFnz9OZpZZkQXZa1qZbBMm_rZStza5Z6c_Ratwba4n-Eq0L416NChFZmmosln9X-sYfeWF-qMVu1bkWVM6mbfggs6COQ=&c=gpY30qkQPVdMmRNqxOt2RNCsyNjhloHzdKKnXcpuCgSAGlzK7PzpNQ==&ch=w_Z60Hi6BVZg4kw8_wDRyMPgBFmYuBRuS1P8xYDpbuWk_EBhZvwjGg== (NAPTA) before receiving a grant. Membership in NAPTA is free. For this grant program, a coalition is defined as a collection of groups and/or individuals joined together for the common purpose of promoting transit. An APTA transit system member may apply for the funds on behalf of a coalition or a coalition may apply directly for the funds. Grant applications will be solicited from June 17th – August 2, 2019.
Deadlines and grant requirement dates are as follows:
* Application Deadline: Friday, August 2^nd , 2019.
* Award Announcement: August 30, 2019.
* Interim Report Due: Friday, January 10, 2020.
* Funds Fully Spent and Final Report Due: Friday, June 19, 2020.
Grant Funding Amounts
Grant amounts awarded to coalitions average $10,000. However, projects with a focused advocacy component may be considered for additional funding. Matching funds are not currently required as a condition of grant approval.
* Prioritize quick, innovative interventions to improve ridership,
such as building political support for transit priority projects
(ex. bus lanes and signal priority).
* Political facilitation of quick-build projects that address
* Promote efforts to activate college students politically and engage
them as potential riders.
* Communities targeted by anti-transit critics and front groups.
* Congressional districts with a Partisan Voting Index of five or less
or has an established Member of Congress supporter.
Portions of Application
* Viability of campaign team and plan—team competency, plan mechanisms
and path to victory
* Who must you move to place pressure on a decision-maker or influencer?
* What phase in the process are you (research exploratory or execution)?
* Fundraising plan
* Letter from transit agency
* Campaign methods that will be deployed, such as:
* community organizers
* phone banking
* mail advertising
* seed money for fundraising
* Metrics to assess project efficacy
Apply Here http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001n2BnWhPD9FdDljTkioH--82ZTSJR5UdNgg0uURJXhGMb60ytk5wtIYwGy-dXgvjgFlnbW9fTrYQHhqzY80dYySnzP8mUTsa_1Q5nfdhczXrx225Bi31KunHcmhbKvQvC9IE1e2uiCjtdRNJsjoSRzw0GvddGS294ZxTklYQWwsfVhgKpA69ex5GAfkUGPpCKWy_898AkpqnYZlJcG_WU9-xcywQAxKg_&c=gpY30qkQPVdMmRNqxOt2RNCsyNjhloHzdKKnXcpuCgSAGlzK7PzpNQ==&ch=w_Z60Hi6BVZg4kw8_wDRyMPgBFmYuBRuS1P8xYDpbuWk_EBhZvwjGg==
APTA| 1300 I Street, Suite 1200 East, Washington, DC 20005
Update Profile https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001YdOzjLwkVsspvf3YzjmQyQ%3D&ch=57a43cae-a1a0-11e9-8430-d4ae5275b1a5&ca=d02f8185-8dbc-4496-8b5c-3b992d3716c7 | About Constant Contact http://www.constantcontact.com/legal/about-constant-contact
Sent bydgrisby@... mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org in collaboration with
Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today. http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE
Try email marketing for free today! http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF19_3GE