Another pic from our anonymous donor.
23 was built as a single deck pasenger tram in 1918 - taking the road number of an ear;ier double deck bogie car withdrawn at that time.
It was converted to one-man operation in 1926 - the condition depicted.
At left is the sole service car used in Hobart. It started out as a sprinkler built on an original Siemens truck of 1893.
By the time of the photo it would have been fitted with scrubber gear, and was probably in storage at the time of the photo.
It was sold in 1956.
Mal Rowe - noting the fairly loose attitude to fleet numbering in Hobart