Now for something completely different. The North Coast Steam Navigation Co operated a standard gauge tramway from their jetty to Byron Bay railway station on the NSW north coast from 1923 to 1954. Local industries used the line occasionally and enthusiasts visited until 1961. the motive power was a Simplex four-wheel chain drive petrol loco and the passenger rolling stock consisted of a former B class steam tram trailer and C class tram 37, both of which went to the Steam Tram & Preservation Society at Parramatta Park. The Simplex is still on site, locked in a shed.
The Sydney Tramway Museum organised a trip over the line with the Simplex and C37 (the B trailer had already gone) on 4 November 1961. It was the last passenger carrying trip over the line.
The link is http://tdu.to/Simplex_&_C37_Byron_Bay_4-11-1961.jpg